4/21/12 Saturday: Harris County Senate District Conventions
CALLING ALL TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVES:
Please attend 4/21/12 Harris County Senate District Conventions
All Who Are Going to Vote in TX Republican Primary & Runoffs may attend.
- WHAT: 2012 Harris County SENATE DISTRICT CONVENTIONS Senate Districts 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18
- DATE: Saturday, April 21, 2012
- TIME: Registration Begins: 8:00 AM; Call To Order: 10:00 AM
- WHERE:Grace Community Church [MAP]
- ADDRESS: 14505 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034 (Near 1-45 South & E. Beltway 8)
- WHO CAN ATTEND: ANYONE wishing to participate as a delegate to the Senate District Convention can attend on April 21st. They will sign an oath claiming Republican Party affiliation in order to participate. By claiming party affiliation at the convention you will not be able to vote in another party’s Primary or Run-off election.
- Each Senatorial District will be electing their Delegates and Alternates to the State Convention.
LUNCH RESERVATIONS (Optional)
- COST – ONLINE: $10 each for Advance Purchase
- COST at DOOR: $15 each if purchased day of the Convention (Box lunch includes sandwich, chips, cookie, bottled water)
- BUY LUNCH ONLINE HERE
CONVENTION DONATION – $10 (or more) for Convention Facility Fee
- DONATE ONLINE HERE (Can also donate at the Convention]
- Note From Robin: This suggested voluntary donation is to help cover Convention Facility rental & support expenses. The HCRP Precinct Chairs (with Grassroots’ activists’ support) recently voted to eliminate the Pay-to-Speak system which has covered convention costs for the last 18 years. Candidates paid $500 – $5000 to speak at the Convention. HCRP is moving to promote a freer and more open dialogue between candidates and voters.
RESOLUTIONS Deadline for Resolution submissions is Tues., 4/10/12.
- Since there will not be precinct conventions before the Senatorial District Convention, it is advised to submit your Resolutions directly to your Senate District’s Resolutions Committee in advance of the Senatorial District Convention.
- If you do not know your Senate District number or if redistricting has changed it, lookup your voter registration and make note of your State Sen. number and send your Resolutions to the email address for your Senate District. Please make sure to include with your Resolutions your Name, Address and Precinct number. Deadline for Resolution submissions will be Tuesday, April 10, 2012.
- Senate District 4: email@example.com
- Senate District 6: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate District 7: email@example.com
- Senate District 11: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate District 13: email@example.com
- Senate District 15: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate District 17: email@example.com
- Senate District 18: firstname.lastname@example.org