VIDEO & pdf File: ObamaCare – One Year Later
Posted by Robin Lennon
Great info below BUT please note that HEALTHCARE is NOT a constitutional duty or responsibility fo the Federal government. This should be completely repealed and defunded, returning the money taken from Medicare, and the money collected for healthcare by the Federal government should be returned to the states.
Also, requiring doctors, or anyone for that matter, to work at a rate set by the government is slavery. In free countries, free markets are supposed to decide the costs of services and products–not the government, particularly when the government sets a price that does not allow an individual to cover his costs or be reimbursed for the time and money spent on rigorous education.
Video & Replace & Ten Necessary Changes .pdf file from March 18, 2011 by John C. Goodman and Newt Gingrich.
It’s been almost a year since the House of Representatives passed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as ObamaCare. On Friday, NCPA President John C. Goodman will join former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Ethics and Public Policy Center Fellow James Capretta at a National Press Club event in assessing:
- The worst features of ObamaCare
- Identifying which of its features should be repealed and replaced
- Assessing whether Republicans, or even other Democrats, have viable alternatives
In testimony last week before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health, Dr. Goodman has identified 10 changes to the law that are necessary:
- An impossible mandate
- A bizarre system of subsidies
- Perverse incentives for insurers
- Perverse incentives for individuals
- Impossible expectations/a tattered safety net
- Impossible benefit cuts for seniors
- Impossible burden for the states
- Lack of portability
- Over-regulated patients
- Over-regulated doctors