Parliamentary Procedure – Republican Style Videos Now Online
- Video Presentation by Louis “Butch” Davis with PowerPoint and downloadable Cheat Sheet
- Butch is an extraordinary Parliamentarian. He is the one we all work to send to the Republican National Convention because of his expertise and his conservatism!
- Butch is also the one who alerted everyone to the machinations of Romney’s campaign to control the delegates the States elect to go to the RNC so we could mitigate the worst of it in Tampa.
Lou “Butch” Davis gave us a fine introduction to the Parliamentary Procedure used by the Republican Party at its conventions. Kingwood TEA Party requested him to teach the class because of the large number of new Patriots attending the State Convention in June who had no idea what to expect. He was gracious enough to allow me to record his presentation so those who could not attend could view the class before going to State.
For those of you who don’t know Butch, here are a few of his qualifications:
- State party parliamentarian for the Republican Party of Texas
- Former Senate District Chairman for 6 years
- Member of State Rules Committee for 4 state conventions
- Attended all state conventions except 2 since 1980.
Parliamentary Procedures – Republican Style is, of course, also valuable for those who want to get involved in their local political process in March 2010.
Butch has kindly provided us with a Cheatsheet to take with from the SREC, as well as his PowerPoint that I have saved as a .pdf so you can follow along as you watch the video. (Click on links to open or save a copy.)
Thank you, Butch!!!
Thank you, Butch!
4/18/2010 7:02 am
Posted on June 5, 2010, in Precinct Politics, Resources, Videos, Voter Education and tagged Kingwood TEA Party, Lou "Butch" Davis, Parliamentary Procedure. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: State Convention – What You Ought to Know | Houston Tea Party